We ask for your help in keeping all the members of our musical community healthy by following these protocols. Our classes may have immune-compromised individuals (including people who are pregnant) who may be more susceptible to viral respiratory infections, including influenza and COVID-19, so your vigilance and adherence to this health policy is extremely important. Our teachers reserve the right to send a family home from class if they feel these sickness protocols are not being followed.
Contact us with your questions about this health policy or our plans for responding to COVID-19 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
- All instruments distributed during class will be disinfected between classes and at the end of the day with hospital-grade sanitizing disinfectant.
- Classroom surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Some instruments and props may be taken out of circulation.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available for use during class.
Family Health Protocols
- We ask that all adults and children wash their hands before and after class for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the "Hello Song" to all the members of your family; that'll be at least 20 seconds!) Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for this.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow. Afterwards, wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
- We will avoid hand-holding, high-fives, or patty-cake with other families in class.
- If you or your child is sick, please stay home until you are fully recovered. If you or your child has a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without the assistance of fever-reducing medication) before returning to class.
- If you or your child becomes ill with something contagious after you were in class, please contact us immediately.
Schedule a Make-up!
- We have a 2-class make-up policy per semester, so please keep that in mind, and schedule a make-up class for those you may miss due to illness.
- If circumstances warrant more flexibility, we will allow families an additional make-up class in the current semester, if available, or to carry make-ups over to another semester.