At Music Together of Portland, we are closely monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-2019) in our community. Until the situation is resolved, we will continue to defer to the CDC and other health professionals on how best to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. As you know, this is a rapidly changing situation, and we have started planning for future scenarios in case it becomes necessary to cancel or delay classes.
We are also keeping an eye on PPS and the decisions they make regarding their classes. Our hope is that if there is a closure, it would not affect us for more than 2 weeks. If that were to happen, our plan would be to add make-up classes or possibly to extend the session. (We already have a 2 make-up class per semester policy in place.) If we had to cancel the whole session, there would be a credit issued towards another term.
We will keep you updated and informed as the situation continues to unfold, and we invite you to reach out to us at any time via email.
In the meantime, we have revised our health policy using guidance from the CDC about best practices to prevent the spread of all germs and ensure the continued health and well-being of our community. See our revised 2020 health policy here.
Let's keep the music playing!
Contact us with your questions about our health policy or our plans for responding to COVID-19 at email@example.com